Monday, January 18, 2016

What do you treasure?

Area:  Kansas City, Missouri (Fleming Park Ward)    
Companion:  Elder Monroe


Hi, how are ya?!

I was SUPER stoked when I saw that you had bought that ATV!  It looks pretty sweet and like it will create a lot of memories and fun and of course do a little work around the property. ;P.   You will have to send some videos when you take it out.


This week we have been so blessed!  Our ward right now is doing a 30 day fast for missionary work.  We have seen the results and the blessings from the Lord and He has poured them upon us.  We were able to find 4 new investigators just this past week who all have potential to listen and be solid.  We had a fantastic evening return appointment with one of them yesterday.  He is so prepared to listen and willing to act upon what we ask of him.  His name is William and he is from Nigeria.  The lesson was kinda hard to teach because the wife was watching the Broncos game and screaming at the TV at some points... But nevertheless the spirit testified to William of the truthfulness of the message that we shared with him!  


We have another return appointment with a lady named Vanessa this morning.  She requested that a Bible be sent to her and we were able to talk to her a little more and set a return appointment.  Hopefully that goes well.

Transfers are this week!  They will be on Thursday, but we will figure out the transfer info on Tuesday.  We are pretty excited to see what happens to our zone.  I don't think that either me or my companion will leave, but there is going to be a lot of much needed changes within our zone.  As much as we try to love and help some of these missionaries, it is still their responsibility to reach out and change what they do.  That is the wonderful gift of agency.  Some transfers will serve some of the missionaries well and help them move on in their progression.


We did a ton of service this week for Amey, our recent convert.  We hauled, moved, split, and then moved again about 6-7 chords of white oak wood for her...all by hand.  It was a lot of fun and some good hard work that we haven't been able to do for awhile.  When we woke up the next morning it seemed as if you could feel each and every knuckle, joint, and muscle in your hands!  We were also able to help her husband, who is a non member, with fixing her car.  I learned some new things about suspension, so that is always good!


This week I hit my 17 month mark!  The time is just flying by so quickly and it seems to be going faster and faster as the days grow closer and closer.  I honestly don't feel like I have been out for that long.  It is always fun to go back in my journal and see what I was doing a year ago from today and all how I have progressed.  I hope and pray to continue to progress in life and become someone better.

 
As I was listening in church yesterday I came across a scripture that I have always loved so much!


Matthew 6:21 - "For where your treasure it, there will your heart be also."


What do we treasure in life?  What are we doing that will help our heart grow closer to Christ and our desire to live with God again continue to flourish?


The gospel is true!  My testimony is real and the power of the atonement never ceases to be.  I love and appreciate you all so very much!

 

Love,
Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment