Monday, March 21, 2016

19 months and an Emergency Transfer!!

Area:  Lenexa, Kansas      
Companion:  Elder Torrico


Yeppers, it is me!

Yet another week has past and they seem to fly by so quickly!  We had a pretty great week this week.

We got a call this morning at 6:30am from the assistants to the presidents (in whom we are really good friends with) and they told us that our companionship was going to be effected by an emergency transfer that president wanted to happen.  So, I'll be heading out to Lenexa, Kansas to serve with elder Torrico (I'm super excited to be with him!) and elder Monroe will be staying in Kansas City with elder Greenburg.  We have no idea why it is happening and neither do the assistants, but it will sure be an adventure!  We meet them in Independence tonight at 8pm to transfer.  I'm bummed to leave Elder Monroe as he has been the longest companion that I have had, but I'm excited to go out to Lenexa.  It is the rich part of Kansas so it should be a good time, I might even die there!

Earlier this week we went on exchanges with the assistants and it was awesome!  I went to their area, which is Blue Mills, with Elder Butterfield.  Elder Butterfield, Elder Anderton, and Elder Monroe have become some of my best friends, they are such great guys.  While on exchanges we did some service for the bishop in their ward, who is polly, to help him clean up his back yard from old scrubs and branches.  We started to burn everything and about 30 minutes later a fire truck rolls up and tells us that we can't burn at the area that he was living in.  So, the bishop goes and breaks it down with a stick and then presumes to continue to feed the fire for another hour before he finally let it burn out.  It was so funny to see how much he didn't care at all, those pollys can be a little stubborn sometimes.  :P

Oh, by the way a member from this ward is shipping home my ukulele for me sometime soon so be expecting it on the porch.

Well, I don't really have to much time today as I am packing for the transfer.

I love you all!


Elder Shoemaker

Elder Shoemaker, Elder Monroe, Elder Butterfield, and Elder Anderton









It snowed this week!






No comments:

Post a Comment