Monday, June 27, 2016

faith AND grace

Area:  Lenexa, Kansas      
Companion:  Elder Bradley


Hello again!

We had a pretty good week.  We had interviews with the mission president and his wife this past Friday, that was really great!  I was able to talk and express some concerns and struggles that I have and they always are there to help and are concerned about me.  They are great people.

We had a fun service opportunity on Saturday and a place called "Farmstead".  It is a small version of the American West Heritage Center basically.  They were having a fishing tournament for kids and their parents so we went and we're all score keepers for the different teams.  It was a fun event and it was nice to be around some fishing as that is something that I have been missing. :P

Oh!  I got the package that you sent me, thank you very much Mom!!!  I have not yet received the letter with the motorcycle title in it but hopefully this week and I will get it back to you as soon as I can!

This week in church there was an RM that just got back and gave his homecoming talk.  It was really great to hear from him.  We swung by his house a little later Sunday evening to his open house and talked with him a little bit more.  I think I am going to pick his brain to see what helped him to stay focused and also to adjust.  His is going to be playing for BYU football as a defensive lineman in August.

We weren't able to see any of our investigators this week. :(. It sucks to not be able to see any of them, it can be tough to keep your spirits up and want to keep going when you see little to no result from the efforts that you put in.  That is where faith comes in and also the grace of the Savior to help you to keep going and knowing that you are making a difference.  We are just about at the point where we will drop almost all our investigators.  We are trying to find new ones, but that is always a struggle!

That's about it in the life of me!

Love you all!!

Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment