Monday, April 20, 2015

Let me baptize you in the Missouri River!

Area:  Parkville, Missouri
Companion:  Elder Christensen


Hello fellow DNA!

Yes, I did get the contacts.  Thank you so much!!  should last me probably the rest of mah mission. 

This week has been full of amazing things and tender mercies.  Being on foot and biking around gives so much more opportunity to talk with people.  We decided to go down to a park by the Missouri River (English Landing Park) that has a 3 mile long walking path.  We walked down there and right off the bat we run into a guy who is a Community of Christ member, or so claims to be.  We start talking to him and he says, "Let me baptize you into the right church right now in the Missouri River!"  While he was saying this he grabbed my arm and started pulling me toward the river in a joking manor.  He started to make different comments and bashing and we would just dish it right back... not necessarily the best thing to do but he brought in upon himself. haha!  We stopped walking and another guy comes and joins in and starts bashing with us with the other guy (we get bashed on a lot by professors and COC member and what not).  Anyway, it ended in this guy running off and us bidding him a fond farewell. :)  

We had the opportunity to play some pros ball.  Basically is just jumping into a sports game in your proselyting clothes.  We played with some young kids in the ghetto for about 20 minutes and I will say, my soccer skills have increased dramatically!  Now all those kids like us over there which is good.

I would have to say the highlight of my week was doing service at the Bishop's Storehouse.  Because of the fact that I ran into Brother Hawkins from the Independence 4th ward!  We talked for awhile and he told me that David (baptism from last area) was able to make it to the temple and do baptisms for the dead for his own ancestors.  Best news I have gotten for awhile.  It is so great to hear such good success stories like that.  

That's bout it for this week!

Love you all,
Elder Shoemaker

Oh you know, just chillin' in the hammock in the middle of a Missouri rain storm! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment