Monday, September 14, 2015

Visit to Adam-Ondi-Ahman

Area:  Kearney, Missouri  
Companion:  Elder Hansen

A special treat from Elder Hansen and Elder Shoemaker
Sure do miss THAT face and his happiness!! 


This has been one interesting week.  Full of just about everything. First off, Keegan dropped us.  That was kind of a bummer because he was so ready to hear the Gospel, but sometimes our natural man doubt if we let it will override our spiritual side.  All part of life.  He will accept it later on in life, I'm sure of it!  But for now, the seed has been planted.

The weather has been fantastic these past 3-4 days!  In the 70's with really low humidity.  Now I remember why I like Utah weather so much more, because there is no humidity!  I sure hope it stays like this and that fall is coming.  Logan canyon is looking beautiful, it always does in the fall.

Elder Hansen nailed a rabbit yesterday while driving the truck!  We can add that to the squirrel, birds, and tons of frogs I have hit while driving it.   The animals around here are everywhere!

We helped out with a kids eagle project Saturday morning.  We cleaned up al old ball field laying asphalt, spreading gravel, and trimming trees and bushes.  It was pretty fun!  I enjoy doing physical labor, especially when you don't get to do it very often.  I felt like we were building the field of dreams!

Mosiah 16:5
"But remember that he that persists in his own carnal nature, and goes on in the ways of sin and rebellion against God, remaineth in his fallen state and the devil hath all power over him. Therefore he is as though there was no redemption made, being an enemy to God; and also is the devil an enemy to God."

I love this scripture!  As I was reading it this week, I kept remembering something a member told me while out here.  "This is a life of progression, not perfection". That perfection will come later in life but for now all we can do it to continue to progress each day. When we show our Heavenly Father that we have a desire to change and be better than we were yesterday, He blesses us.  I love the principle of desire...

Today we are going to go up to Adam-ondi-ahman with the whole zone!  I am pretty excited about that.  I'll try and send you some pictures today if we stop somewhere that has wifi.  Transfers are also this Thursday and I could stay or I could go, we find out Tuesday night.

Love you all!
Elder Shoemaker









Preachers Rock!


You can see preachers rock on my shoulder with all the other
missionaries on it.  From where I was standing I could hear them talking in just a normal voice.  About 200 yards!




No comments:

Post a Comment