Monday, December 7, 2015

Joy to the World

Area:  Kansas City, Missouri (Fleming Park Ward)
Companion:  Elder Behymer




Hello family and friends!

This has been a great week!  I don't really have to much to say since I sent an email last Wednesday.

We had a great experience last Friday with going to a nursing home and playing music for the old folks there.  I still had the Cajon so I was able to bring that and play for some of the songs as well.  They all really enjoyed listening to the music.  A 95 year old man pulled out his harmonica and started playing with us.  It was great to see him enjoy himself like that.  He had just enough wind to get the reeds in the harmonica to vibrate, but he loved every second of it!

I did receive both Christmas boxes this past week.  Thank you so much! :)  I am also sending a box home with some stuff in their that I don't need right now, so if you could just stick it in my closet that would be great.  Also, their is the gifts for Meghan and for Josh in it.

Oh!  You should invite Mason over for the Christmas phone call.  It would be great to see him as well.

Today for P-day we are heading to the Kansas City Zoo with the whole zone.  It is our last P-day before transfers so we thought we would go out with a bang.  Elder Behymer, my companion, is going home this week which is crazy!  This is the first missionary I have killed.  It has been a good experience!  He has set a great example for me.  He is finishing strong and hasn't slacked off one bit.  It really has been great to see.

How do ya'll like the Christmas devotional?  I thought it was fantastic!  We were able to watch it with our assistant ward mission leader and his wife and less active boy.  It had such a great message and the music was fantastic as well!  The organist was going ham the whole time!

Well, That is about all I got for ya this week!  I guess we will see if I get transferred, I probably won't but it is a possibility.  I'll send you a picture with my new companion next week.

Love you all!
Elder Shoemaker

Thank you for the wonderful "Christmas from the Cabin" tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment