Monday, February 1, 2016

Priesthood Blessings....

Area:  Kansas City, Missouri (Fleming Park Ward)    
Companion:  Elder Monroe

Hello family and friends!

My email might be a bit short because I am not feeling to well right now.  Sorry!

This has been an interesting last couple of days!  Yesterday at church I started to feel a little queezy... I figured it would go away with some time and just laying down.  At dinner it really started to hit me.  I started to get light headed and my stomach was cramping super bad, so I went to the rest room and threw up like 3 times...  Yeah, that was great!  First time I have done that on my mission.  We went home after that and I slept the rest of the night.  I woke up this morning feeling a lot better but still just sticking to the saltine crackers and water.  I think I just ate some bad food.

We had a pretty cool experience with a part member less active family. The wife was sick so we went over to give her a blessing.  After the blessing we felt prompted to ask the rest of the family if they wanted blessings as well and we were able to give them all blessings!  It was a huge step n the right direction for them.

We went on exchanges this week with district leaders in our zone. They went really well!  Funny story with one of the district leaders. We were riding bikes this Elder had taken some laxatives because he hadn't been able to go for about 3 days... (Poor guy).   As we were riding he looks over at me and said, "I just pooped my pants!"  I was laughing so hard for about 10 minutes.  We rode to the nearest gas station and called some other Elders to come and pick us up.  That is one of those stories you won't forget.

Well, That is about all that happened this week.  Sorry for the short email!

Love you all!

Elder Shoemaker

So much missionary CHARM captivated in one picture.....
Can hardly stand it!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment