Monday, June 15, 2015

The Power of Everyday Miracles

Area:  Kearney, Missouri
Companion:  Elder Anderton


Hey Mom, family and friends!  

Thank you for keeping me updated and informed on Cousins Kamp!  That looked like a really fun week with all the family.  Were you able to see Bandito at Pickleville Playhouse?   I hope you got my last weeks email.  It was super long...

I was wondering if you haven't already sent out that package with the BOM and oils if you could also send out my two pair of running shorts?  One pair is teal and the other is black.  Also, could you possibly send me pictures of my ceramic work?  There is a member out here to see what I have done.  Especially the one in your office and the big two that I made.  Also, if you wanted to throw in two pair of headphone and two extra styluses as well I wouldn't be mad. :).  You guys are the best! :). 

This has been a really great week!  

We had presidents interviews this past Wednesday which are always so great!  President Vest is truly more than just a mission president.  He cares about each one of these missionaries out here.  He wants to help everyone now and prepaid them for the future.  Being in leadership and being able to see president more often than usual, you truly get to see the love he has for everyone. 

We went and had a fantastic lesson with Kristin at the Independence visitors center.  It went so well.  We went through the Gods plan presentation and then sat at the big Christus at the end and she was crying all the way through!  That is always a good sign.  Haha.  She is so close to baptism!  She has been on date several times and she could be baptized right now if she wanted.  With her situation it has been tough to try and help her see that this is what is best for her family at this time.  We will keep working with her and hopefully have a couple baptisms here soon!  

Do we build our lives around the gospel or do we build the gospel around our lives?  This has been a big question of mine as I have thought about how I was and my priorities I used to have before entering the mission field.  Is it, "I can't go to church on Sunday because I have to work."  Or " I can't go to work on Sunday because I have church." ???  Where do our priorities lie?  This is a question that was presented at the all mission conference given by Elder Clarke.  

One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon is 2 Nephi 22:2.  It reads, "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation."

We have seen miracles beyond miracles here.  They happen everyday to everyone.  The sooner we try and look for them the sooner we will find them.  I want to leave you with my testimony on the power of everyday miracles.  They bring about many great things.  Pray to you Father in Heaven for miracles and he will bestow them upon you.  Look to Him for strength and He will give you strength.  I love my Savior and Redeemer.  This I leave with you my loving and beautiful family and friends in the name of Jesus Christ, my rock, Amen.  
Love to you all at home,
Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment