Monday, November 23, 2015

Wonderful Birthday Week with a Baptism

Area:  Kansas City, Missouri (Fleming Park Ward)
Companion:  Elder Behymer


Hello everyone!

I have had a wonderful week!  Amey was baptized!  The baptism went very well and there was a good turn out from the ward.  She is a fantastic lady and will do a lot of good within the church.  Her father baptized her which was really great to see his excitement to do so.  Her progress in just the few weeks I have known her has been amazing and she continues to surprise us.  

Thank you so much for the birthday box!  It was a great boost in my day, as they always are.  I do have a picture for you...  Oh, and yes, you can go ahead and send the christmas box and both socks.  Elder Behymer will be ok, he will be home for Christmas anyway!  

 Justin and Regina came to church this past week!  They are still on track to be baptized on December 5th.  We are so excited for their progression.  Also, we are working with a part member family and Spencer and Angela came to church.  Spencer is the member.  We taught them a lesson on Sunday that went very well and had them both in tears by the Joseph Smith story.  Things are looking up for them.  We also had another lady named Connie come to church.  She has been investigating for awhile but can't be baptized because of some circumstances.  

For Thanksgiving we are having dinner with Bishops family.  We also were invited to about 4 other dinners.  I think we will be well taken care of that day!  Hopefully I won't blow up...

I have a special request for my room at home.  I would love the picture "Oh Jerusalem" in a frame above my bed.  :)  My favorite picture!   

I don't really know what to say to the ward...  Maybe just share one of my experiences that has stood out to you that I have sent home.  Maybe one on the atonement?  You can use the phrase that I have shared before, "The mission doesn't change you.  The atonement changes you and the mission field is just a green house for change."

I don't really have to much more to share from this week!  Love you all! 

Elder Shoemaker 
 
 
Elder Behymer, Amey, Arron, Me!
 

Elder Shoemaker sportin' a few things that he received for this birthday!  Handmade hat and scarf from his Aunt Kristi, USU Sweatshirt and Rudolf socks!


No comments:

Post a Comment