Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Transferring to Parkville, MO

Area:  Independence, Missouri
Companion:  Elder Thompson


Welp, transfer week is here!  I got a call today and will be being transferred to Parkville, MO... Wherever that is haha!  I'm ready to leave this area, but I love it so much!  I'll be transferring this Thursday and my new comp is Elder Jones and I'll be a district leader too.  'Bout all I know about that.




David was ordained a Priest at church on Sunday.  That was so cool!  He didn't even tell us he was meeting with the bishop or anything.  We asked him why and he said it was because he thought he had to keep it a secret. haha!  Merrill, the one who baptized him, did the ordination.

Jdubs... (Jehova Witnesses)  They are swarming around here like flies it seems sometimes.  Saturday morning we were sitting in our apartment in our service clothes getting ready to leave for service when we heard a knock on our door.  We go and answer it and its jdubs!  We didn't have our nametags on as we were still getting ready for the day so they didn't know we were missionaries.  haha!  They gave us their little spiel and asked us what we believed.  WE told them we were missionaries and they continued to degrade our religion.  We bore testimony and taught the restoration in 5 minutes and introduced the BOM.  They ended up walking away with a BOM in their hands and I know the spirit touched their hearts.  Pretty sweet experience to do missionary work.

I did get the package and I really appreciate it!  It was perfect and you always send the best stuff!  They know me around the office because I get so much mail from everyone!  It like Christmas every time you get mail.   Also tell G&G Shoemaker that I've been receiving their letters and packages too...please tell them how much I appreciate them. 

The Cabin looks amazing!  So much nicer than it used to be.  The Walker touch is really what it needed.  Excited to hear that renters are coming in here soon.  

My little though for the week comes from Mark 8:34 and Matthew 16:24.  It talks about taking up your cross and following "Him."  In Mark we read that and so as I read I was wondering, what is our cross??  So if we jump over to Matthew we see in the JST that it is to deny all ungodliness, every worldly lust, and keep the commandments.  So I challenge everyone to figure out what is holding them back, or in other words, what is your favorite sin?  Get rid of it and come unto Christ.  Instead of asking, "Lord, is it I?"  ask,  "Lord, is it this?"  Is this what I need to get rid of in my life to come closer?  I know that as we all strive to come closer to Christ he will bless us immensely in all aspects of our life. 

Love you all!
Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment