Monday, February 23, 2015

PARKVILLE!!!

Area:  Parkville, Missouri
Companion:  Elder Jones

Wowie! 
This place is awesome!  Small town and good people.  We have a couple little towns and part of Kansas City in our area so we have a full time car right now which is so nice!  I was able to bring the bike so it is taking a break in the closet for now.  :)  My companion's name is Elder Jones and is from Bountiful, Utah.  He is a country boy and we both love the same things!  He is 21 and went to a little college in Cali to play baseball.  He has been out for 3 months.  Two peas in a pod, right??! 
 
This week here has been busy!  Getting to know the ward members and our investigators has been quite the undertaking.  Its always hard to learn a new area as well. haha  I was able to finish the Book of Mormon for the second time today!  Yippee!  I always get something new out of it every day. 
 
I'm so glad you were able to talk with the Hawkin's family!  They are some amazing people and I really look up to them.  You and Dad trained me well and I appreciate it.  It just seemed like the right thing to do!  Merrill is a great kid and made the choice to serve a mission!  :)
 
Yep, District Leader over here in the good ole Parkville!  Basically I just get all the crap if our district isn't up to par... haha  Its been great and I have already learned a lot!  Elder Jones has been helping me because his last companion was a district leader as well. 
 
Buh Bye tonsils!  Glad to hear that went well.  Hopefully Tanner can find a job here soon!  Glad to hear Treavor got a job! 
 
I know how you feel about getting that new car.  That's how I feel whenever I get a new motorcycle haha!  Even though they aren't quite as expensive, principles the same.  How is my motorcycle doing?  Is Dad riding it?  I sure hope so, I feel that would help him to chill out a bit.  :)
 
No more truck?!  How is dad going to haul his hang glider around??  Is he going to buy another truck?  That thing had so many miles on it... probably about time.  Who bought it?  
 
The cabin is keeping you busy sounds like.  Glad to hear there is renters and a little money flow there to help fix it up.  it looks so much different than when I last saw it.  Its probably the talk of the town now!
 
How are the puppies doing?
 
Love you all!!  :-) 
 
P.S. Good luck with your talk Mom and I'll keep praying and fasting for Dad. :)
 
Love,
Elder Shoemaker  
 
Hawkins Family!
 

Elder Jones and I


Our version of "fishing" sense we can't actually go!  haha


Best BBQ in KC!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment