Monday, August 17, 2015

~ACTION & SERVICE~

Area:  Kearney, Missouri  
Companion:  Elder Hansen

Hello my fellow family and friends!
 
Wowie!  One year mark...  It is so crazy to think that I have been out here for a year now.  I was reflecting on what I have done this past year of my life and am excited for what is in store for this next year.  With hopes that it is even better than the first!  I would have to say that one of the things I have learned the most is ACTION!  Without action, nothing will take place.  I was reading in Enos this morning and about how he wrestled with the Lord in mighty prayer.  After he had been forgiven of his sins he didn't go off and continue with his previous ways.  He took action and changed to what he knew Heavenly Father wanted him to be.  Action is the key to any progression.  Without action there would only be digression.  

We had Zone Training this last Friday.  We are entering into a new phase on the iPads!  We get the "area book planner."  We now will have our whole area book on our iPads and be able to update them right after every lesson!  We also have our planners on our iPads as well.  So this week we get to spend 2 hours a day entering in all the records that are in our paper area book and make them digital.  Woopie!

This past Monday we found a family of 4 to teach!  They are the Vogan family.  We have high hopes for this family.  They are so family oriented and service oriented.  

I have gained a love and appreciation for service, this past week especially.  Service has been a big way for us to gain the trust of everyone we are in contact with.  One member made the comment and asked, "Don't you have something else that is more important to do right now than help me paint my house?"  I immediately share the scripture that popped into my head -- Mosiah 2:17, "17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."  He agreed with me and we moved on.  That was when I realized that when we are serving others, we truly are serving God.  Everyone is His child and wants us all to help each other.  It doesn't matter their race, religion, or what they do day to day, they are children of God!  As Christians we have that divine purpose and responsibility to help everyone.  I love how God has set up the principle of service in His vast plan.  As we serve others, our love for them grows.  As we allow others to serve us, their love for us grows and so does our love for them.  
 
I hope Josh is doing alright.  Keep me posted on him.  Is Tanner still liking his new job?  I loved working with special needs kids in high school, it was a lot of fun. 
 
Go and serve!!!

Love you all!  
Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment