Monday, March 30, 2015

I am really loving it out here!

Area:  Parkville, Missouri
Companion:  Elder Jones


Yeah, you so may have seen all my expenses in the last little bit hit my account.....haha!  Elder Jones has got me really into soccer and so we both ordered a really nice street ball from some members and we also went and got some nice new indoor soccer cleats.  So I guess these will be my new shoes for p-day?!  I'll pay for them, they were a bit pricey :)  hehe

Nice skateboard pic huh??  An Elder out here that I went on exchanges with has a board so I've been messing around on it, it has been toooooo long!

Yep, transfers are this Thursday.  We figure out if we are being transferred tomorrow night.  I think we both will be staying here, but you never know!

Being district leader definitely has its challenges, but it has made me grow so much!  I actually really love being able to be so close to all the missionaries in the district.  

Conference out here is amazing!  Really uplifting and very spiritual.  We have set a goal as a companionship to try and watch each session of General Conference at a member, less active, part member family, or and investigators house rather that watching it at the stake center this time.  

A scripture that has given me an "ah ha" moment since I have been out here is 2 Nephi 22:2.  "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation."  

Also, one chapter of Pslams that Elder Jones and I memorized in Psalms 23.  My favorite verse out of that has has really changed me is verse 4.  "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."   

These scriptures are just really good reminders to me of how much support Christ is to us if we just let him in!  He is always there during the toughest times of our lives and the best times of our lives!  He is always there.  

We had a pretty great week!  We had an interesting experience with a guy who was extremely paranoid.  We knocked on his door, Elder Jones had been there one time before, and this guy just goes off for about 30 minutes as we are there on his porch about how there are pest control guy shooting bugs at his house with air guns.  Their whole goal is to try and get him to sell his house for cheap so they can buy it and make money.  This guy was crazy!  
 
We also came across an old lady who went out to go and get her mail and a big dog came and knocked her over and she dislocated her hip!  I felt so bad for her.  There was another lady there who had just pulled up about 2 minutes before us and was on the phone calling an ambulance.  All we could do was put a cushion under her head and put a jacket on her to keep her warm until the ambulance got there.  She was OK, just in a lot of pain.  We are going to go and stop by here house probably Wednesday to see how she is.  

We had a fun ward party on Saturday on the bank of the Missouri River at a park called.... Crap we can't remember haha!  It was really fun though!  There were some long boards there so we got a nice ride in and were able to play baseball with some of the members.  

I am really loving it out here.  I feel like sometimes I am just having a hard time getting though the slow part of the day and feeling like I am being productive and using my time in a useful way.  But at the end of the day in my nightly prayers, I feel like I have given all I can that day (most of the time).  I guess that's all that Heavenly Father can ask of us, right?  Give what we can and he will help us the rest of the way. :)  What a great promise! 

That's about it for the week!  Glad to hear that all is going well at home and you are getting prepared for General Conference. 

Love you all!!
Elder Shoemaker 
 

New Soccer Shoes for Elder Jones and Elder Shoemaker!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment